Saturday, September 17, 2011

Latin ladies in red! Salma Hayek, Jessica Alba, Selina are among 15 Gorgeous Stars Cover ‘Latina’

15 Gorgeous Stars cover of Latina magazine
They are among the most successful Latin ladies in show business and are also some of the most stunning. And now, Latina magazine has assembled 'influential' Latin beauties including Salma Hayek, Eva Longoria, Jessica Alba and Selena Gomez to pose in an array of beautiful red gowns for their October cover. Latina Magazine is celebrating their 15th anniversary with a triple gatefold cover featuring 15 stunning Latin celebs wearing red dresses and shining jewelry. Magazine reports that to make a cover it took nine months, 7 photo shoots, more than 100 red dresses and jewelry worth $10 million. Salma Hayek, Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Shakira, Selena Gomez and others grace the cover looking gorgeous.
Other actresses posing for the cover include Battle: Los Angeles star Michelle Rodriguez, Ana de la Reguera, Ugly Betty's America Ferrera, Men in Black II star Rosario Dawson and White Men Can't Jump's Rosie Perez. Representing the singing world are veteran Cuban-born pop star Gloria Estefan, Colombian-born  Shakira and Disney-star-turned singer Selena Gomez. TV host and model Daisy Fuentes and Kim Kardashian's best friend La La Anthony complete the line up. The Latina website profiles the magazine's cover stars, looking at their roots and rise to fame and what it means to be Latin.
The stars talk about their background and culture. Eva Longoria says:
I was raised by independent, educated, strong women. My mom has seven sisters and I have three.People always tell me, “You work so much,” but the women in my family worked 10 times as hard, so I’m not working hard enough, ever. I want to work hard now so I can relax later.
Selena Gomez put emphasis on family life at home, saying:
'I feel completely connected as soon as I come back. I smell my grandmother's tamales and rice and beans, and its just like I'm home. It makes me feel so good and comfortable. It’s just about being together. That's the one thing that is a really strong part of my heritage: We're always about family’.
Gloria Estefan agrees:
 'Our culture has always been front and centre in our life, in our music and everything we do, even in the restaurants. [My husband] Emilio and I always want our kids and our grandkids, eventually, to realize the importance of never forgetting where you come from, who you are, and the fact that that makes you richer and just gives you a more broad perspective on life.'
Jessica Alba says:
There [are] a lot of really strong, really cool, completely dynamic women that are Latina that young women can look up to. I love that because I certainly didn’t have those role models when I was growing up and it’s nice that I’m part of this generation. So I feel very honoured and blessed to be in such good company for sure.
Latina magazine October 2011 issue will be released on September 13th. In the meanwhile you can take a look at the photos and read about each star featured on the Latina magazine website.

No comments:

Post a Comment